Monday, December 14, 2009

Running from Twister, into JESUS!

Well, I ran my very first 5k on Saturday! It was a HUGE accomplishment, not only for me personally, but in my recovery as well. A year and a half ago, there was NO way I could physically run 3.1 miles. My body was malnourished and in HORRiBLE condition. I probably would have severely dehydrated and be admitted to the hospital. God is truly amazing. He has brought me this far, and half the way I fought with Him!!!! I don't understand it, I don't get it, I can only thank Him.

I thought the first mile was going to kill me, it was SUPER hilly! But I pushed myself. I made a goal and I was NOT going to back down no matter what. (that's my perfectionism kicking in!) As I was running, God reminded me of my favorite verses to think about while I'm running. He pointed out something very vivid to me... it says, "Let us run with perseverance the race set before us..." not run fast, not run perfectly, but with PERSEVERANCE. Pushing through all the pain and up hill battles. Oh how I love JESUS!

I actually finished pretty good! I finished with a time of 28.09, I was the second female to cross the finish line and I won my age division. It was pretty much a FABULOUS day!
I'm going to run another 5K this weekend and I know this one is a flat course, so hopefully I'll get an even better time! :)

"Since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with PERSEVERANCE the race marked out for us.Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith..." -HEBREWS 12:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment