Friday, February 12, 2010

Old Pictures



So, I started looking through these pictures the other day...they bring back VERY painful memories. These are the best ones where I was at my worst. These pictures in the pageant dress are from Feb. 2008...The ones with Preston and I and the cheerleading one are in April 2008...and then the last ones are the ones that I took the day I was hospitalized in May of 2008. It's been a painful journey...and looking back I see how lifeless my face was. How I was NOT living. I was barely surviving, somehow. Honestly, I see no change in my body. I thought I was fat then and I still believe I am fat. Now, in my arms I can definitely tell how skinny they were, but my stomach, I don't see it. It does not look anorexic skinny to me. Now like I said, I can totally tell a difference in my face. I looked HORRiBLE!! And to think, girls think this is "beautiful"??? What has happened to this world? We must find that in Christ we are loved and accepted. He is enough for us. He calls us beautiful. And He looks at the iNSiDE!!!!! These are old pictures, but I am a new Kaitlyn. I still have a long way to go...but I have certainly came a long way.
"Anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!" -2 Corinthians 5:17





5 comments:

  1. Kaitliln you are such a beautiful young lady. I am so thankful that you and your family have reached out to God to help you through this difficult journey you have been on. No matter how thin or how thick you are you are LOVED by the one who matters most. I hope that by you sharing your testimony in this way that you can help others who feel alone struggling with the disease of anorexia. God continue to bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a brave girl to post these pictures. I am so proud of how far you have come! You are a very beautiful girl!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KaitLyn you are a blessing. I just cried when I looked at your pictures. You are part of our family and I love you so much. I am so thankful for the person you are and the person you have become. God is there through the good and the bad. Glory to God for what He is doing in your life. I pray for your continued healing. Your story will touch so many lives! I am so proud of you! Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. U have no clue how much it hurts to see these pics of you. the one thing that sticks out is how unhappy u are. i can't even imagine how u felt but then i can bc i'm a girl too and like your spiritual sister. Satan made you feel insignificant and full of flaws. Don't you understand how gorgeous u r?! and no i'm not just saying that to be nice. you know that i would never hesitate to tell you the truth. i wish i had been closer to you then and couldve shaken u or shoved some pizza down your skinny throat, but i know that this is something that you had to allow the Lord help you out of. I love you more than you could ever know! Uve been my saving grace in so many cases in my walk w the Lord and u don't even know it. Remember God doesnt look at the outer but at the inner. 1 Samuel 16:7 Let the Lord bring your beauty forth to the world. You don't have to strive for it. Did Eve have to strive to be beautiful? No! She was fearfully, wonderfully, and flawlessly made just like Kaitlyn Deupree! Gosh I wish mirrors and scales didn't exist! We need to stop comparing ourselves to other people who we think look better but really they are unhappy (we just cant see it thru the pics). We need to start comparing ourselves to the Lord. and How he wants us to live. It like the verse u sent today..."4who is God except the Lord?Who but our God is a solid rock? God arms me w strength and makes my way perfect." Psalm 19:31-32 see the things is after my surgery when the lord was convicting me about mirrors and i just concentrated on falling in love w jesus. that's when people thought i was the most beautiful. I knew deep down they weren't seeing my outer (even tho i thought it had improved) but they were seeing my love for jesus. He gives you his name. A girl in love is always radiant. when you are completely in love w jesus, there is no hiding it. I love you, beautiful, breathtaking, radiant, Kaitlyn :) your sister in Jesus Christ- Angel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaitlyn, ever since i have known you i always thought you were SO beautiful... and i could never figure out what it was that made your beauty so unique. but looking at these pictures really revealed to me why God has blessed you with such stunning beauty.... i see that it's the transformation that God put you through. Not only on the outside, but the INSIDE as well. I never knew you back when these pictures were taken, but just by looking at them i can see how God has shined on you ever since the beginning of your recovery. You remind me of a butterfly for some reason. I guess it's because when you were anorexic, you were like a caterpillar... and in your recovery God put you in a little cocoon to help you heal... and now you've come out to be SUCH a beautiful girl and you have one beautiful set of wings! You inspire me in everything that you do!!!! I love you so much! love, Lindsay.

    ReplyDelete