Friday, February 11, 2011

It's Time To Talk About It

Eating disorder awareness week is coming up SOON. Like, in two weeks!!!
The theme of this year is "It's Time To Talk About It". As I was thinking about that the other day it really hit me...ED's are not talked about. It's like the world seems to think it's some horror word that you don't speak of. But it's NOT.

Eating disorders are pretty much all about secrets. You keep secret the pain that's deep inside. You keep secret the binging and purging, the starving and over exercising, and so much more. When we don't talk about it, it's not only hurting ourselves, but others. Our loved ones around us as well as those struggling who need to know they are not alone.
I've been speaking at a lot of places here recently and I still have many other speaking arrangements lined up...and what I've learned already is that it's so beneficial to TALK ABOUT iT! I can't tell you the lives I've touched already just by sharing my story.

Not talking about it is what Satan wants us to do. Because when we talk about it, we show others what God has to offer vs. what ED's have to offer and He far outweighs them! When we talk about it, we encourage the beautiful young (and old) hearts out there. And when we encourage them, they get stronger. When they are stronger, it's harder for Satan to take them down.

Like with any problem, addiction, or pain, it's important to talk about eating disorders. It's vital to recovery. It's vital to your life.

Please keep me in your prayers as I prepare to speak about my story in these upcoming weeks. God is using me in mighty ways and I'm trusting Him fully!

Love yall!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment