Monday, November 9, 2009

Preparing to Re-Live It

Hey there all my beautiful people! :)
Hope everyone had an amazing weekend and a great start to a new week!

I mentioned not long ago about speaking to the Grace Girls at Childersburg High School..well I talked to the woman over it last night and I am scheduled to speak on November 24, which is only two weeks away! I am super excited, as well as super nervous! I am starting to get everything prepared to speak, and as I do, it's a journey of re-living these dark moments. It's as if I am walking through the pain again as I stumble in the dark...but this time, it's as if I am only watching. How comforting to know I am now in the arms of Jesus and I don't have as much pain from Twister as I did 2 years ago.

Although I'm scared and nervous, I feel God calling me to this. I will not keep silent about the dangers of eating disorders that most people try to mask. I believe talking about my expierence will not only help others, but help MYSELF. God revealed to me this morning that as I talk about my struggles with depression and eating disorders, it makes me more of a fighter. I am not on the same team as ED's anymore. Which actually scares me. I have been on Twister's "side" for so long, it's a risk to actually start fighting against him. Raising awareness and warning all those precious hearts out there is making me an enemy of the struggle that could have easily taken my life from me.

This doesn't mean I am fully recovered, it only means I am now fighting. I have seen first hand what it is like to be caught in the midst of a serious eating disorder, and I have seen what it is like to actually LIVE outside the control of an eating disorder. And while there are times when I feel like falling back and giving up, it's the voice of my Savior that whispers His words of love and acceptance that draws me into Him instead of my self-destructive cycle.

Please keep me in your prayers as I seek God's guidance as to what He wants me to say to all these girls who are so vulnerable to becoming victim to an ED. I desire to seek His words and His truth above anything else as I walk through this healing process and go where He leads!

God is oh so GOOD!!

"Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. 2 Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory.

3 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. 4 And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. 5 And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love." -Romans 5:1-5

1 comment:

  1. I am a teacher at CHS. I listened to you speak this morning to the GRACE girls. You are an amazing young lady. Your faith will inspire many. I truly agree with you when you say that you were given this illness as a gift. I believe that is true because when young ladies look at you they are able to see that there is strength in the Lord. Continue to do everything that you do, and continue to stay strong.

    ReplyDelete